Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Years Resolutions

Never been big on new years resolutions, but I have some goals for the new year.

My first is to run a mini marathon with my younger sister.  It's not only about bonding, it's about being in shape, healthy, and enjoying some time back at my beloved alma mater.  It's going to kick my ass, but I think it will be good for me and will help me relax when I work out.

I am also starting the whole online dating thing.  A good friend of mine talked about doing it to meet people outside our department.  It's just really hard and isolating as a grad student.  I am involved in things outside my department but they don't help me meet people.  My cycling buddies from my cycling group are either really sweet old me or married people or women.  Not great possibilities!  My "thing" on campus is a gender studies group which has few straight male members.  Also not great for dating.  Bars aren't working.  I'm finally okay with getting a relationship started and bars aren't panning out.  It's time to try!

And then there is getting published.  I gotta submit a piece to a journal, but it's going to be hard.  I'm scared, but it's got to be done!  I need a publication, baby!

0 comments:

Post a Comment